About the Program
The Tenant Support Program is a voluntary and highly individualized program that aims to improve an individual’s quality of life and reduce their risk of homelessness through preventative measures. We assist tenants in coping with personal difficulties and provide referrals as appropriate in the city and district of Thunder Bay.
This program supports individuals of all ages who are tenants residing in private non-profit social housing. Support includes:
- Assistance with filling out forms
- Help in accessing healthcare
- Strengthening of coping skills
- Resolving conflicts with property managers and other tenants
- Support in obtaining and maintaining sources of income
- Increased opportunity for social involvement
Referral forms to the program can be found below on this page, or paper copies can be made available by property managers or Lutheran Community Care.
The Tenant Support Worker can come to the tenant’s residence, a public venue or meet at our office. The Tenant Support Worker can be reached by telephone or by video chatting.