About the Program
The Specialized Service Coordination and Planning program assists adults with a developmental disability who are living at home with their family or caregivers. The program focuses on their strengths and brings people together through a flexible and open-ended planning process by providing a variety of services.
The support you can expect from Specialized Service Coordination and Planning includes the following:
- Support to build a customized plan that achieves the best possible quality of life.
- Insight into community resources and assistance with coordinating services.
- Education on how to use direct funding and create a support network that is affordable and personalized.
- Opportunities for people to foster meaningful networks and lasting relationships with family, friends and community members.
- Opportunities for agency partnerships and collaboration.
- Awareness of developmental disabilities to remove barriers and improve access to services.
There are many resources available to guide the planning process. The following resources may interest you:
If you are interested in receiving Person-Directed Specialized Service Coordination and Planning, please contact Developmental Services Ontario Northern Region:
Developmental Services Ontario Northern Region
Lutheran Community Care
245B Bay Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6P2
Toll Free: 1-855-376-6673 – Option 2