Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) is the access point for adult developmental services and supports funded by the MCCSS. There are nine regional DSO offices across Ontario that help adults with a developmental disability connect with services and supports in their communities.
Developmental Services Ontario Northern Region (DSONR) includes the districts of Thunder Bay, Kenora/Rainy River, Sudbury/Manitoulin and Algoma.
To learn more about DSO in general, please follow this link: dsontario.ca
Your feedback is important to us. Please take a few minutes to let us know how we are doing. www.dsontario.ca/feedback
The DSO will:
- Confirm eligibility for ministry funded Adult Developmental Services and Supports
- Complete an application package which consists of two semi-structured interviews to determine your support needs
- Provide information about Developmental Services and Supports in your community
- Place a person on the waitlist for requested services
- Inform about other community programs and services that might be useful and interesting
- Match and link a person to ministry-funded DS when available