About the Program
The Adult Protective Service Worker Program supports adults with a developmental disability to live on their own independently and safely in the community. The program also engages with other community partners to improve access to services, build awareness of developmental disabilities and decrease barriers for people. The program is available to those living in Thunder Bay and along the North Shore.
The support you can expect from the Adult Protective Services Program includes the following:
- A trusting and respectful working relationship that builds an understanding of a person’s strengths, areas for development and goals.
- Encouragement and the right to self-determination.
- Active participation in accessing, monitoring, and maintaining the services needed.
- Information about available community resources and opportunities.
- Assistance to learn and gain new daily living skills.
- Advocacy to ensure people are aware of their rights, treated fairly and are respected.
If you would like to learn more about the Adult Protective Service Worker Program the following resources may interest you:
If you are interested in receiving service from the Adult Protective Service Worker Program, please contact Developmental Services Ontario Northern Region:
Developmental Services Ontario Northern Region
Lutheran Community Care
245B Bay Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6P2
Toll Free: 1-855-376-6673 – Option 2